How many of you have cleaned your comforter by yourself? I’m sure that the numbers are not close to 40%. Are comforters very fragile? Nope, they are not. You need to make sure that you are following the instructions which are advised on the comforters itself. If you want to avoid dry cleaners where you have to spend $50 just to clean it. You can do it yourself and to do that you need Mild detergent, dryer balls, and a little patience. We have listed some of the best ways to choose a down comforter in this article which might be useful for you if you are planning to buy a down comforter.
What is The Best Way To Wash a Down Comforter?
- Go to your local laundromat and select the largest one then load your comforters. For the better results select, the less full washer. Make sure that you are choosing the front loader washing machine. So many users are asking where can they find white feathered sleeping sofa and here are our top recommendations for the best sleeipng sofas.
- Now it’s time to add little amount of detergent. Remember, make sure to add little because adding a little extra will result in stripping the feathers or damage of the down comforter.
- Now it’s time to add the timer. Make sure to select the delicate or necessary wash setting, so that the last bit is also rinsed out. Choose one or two rounds or cycles.
- After the wash is finished, bow it’s time to dry it on low setting. This process takes some time to finish. Some of the machines take hours to do that. Your patience is tested now, and your goals are to decrease the growth of mold, make sure that the comforters are completely dried.
- Now it’s time to add the dryer balls into the machine or you can use the Tennis balls. Make sure that the wool dryer balls are working properly for your comforters. Remember, when the tennis balls are getting warmer, you will faint odor when you do make sure to bounce it back to increase drying process.
- During the process, take your comforters outside and then fluff it inside the dryer more than six times in a row. This will help the comforters to dry much more steadily.
- Now take the comforters out of the dryers. There is none thing you will notice and make sure to dry it under the sunlight so that the extra water will be vaporized in the air. Ensure that you are not leaving it for hours. Ten minutes is more than enough for them or you comforter will shrink and fade.
Every down comforter has its own set of rules on How To Wash, you can read that on the comforter itself. Keep three things in mind,
- Use mild detergent.
- Tennis balls or Dryer balls.
- Low wash setting.
- Two cycle wash.
- Be patient.
- Then add dryer balls or Tennis balls.
- After five minutes, you can take comforters out and the fluff it inside.
- Repeat the process for six times.
Once the work is done, make sure to dry it under sun for at least Ten Minutes. More than ten Minutes might result in Shrinking and Damage,
Washing comforters are not a simple task as you are assuming. However, once you repeat the process for more than five times, then you will get will a hang of it then it will be a piece of cake for you. If you have any questions, do let us know in the comments section.
Video Tutorial :-